Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Sweet Crowd Pleaser


Turtle Tassies

1 (17.5 ounce) sugar cookie mix
                Butter
                Egg
2 (14 ounce each) bags of caramels
1/3 cup whipping cream
¾ cup dark chocolate chips
½ cup chopped pecans

Spray 48 mini muffin cups. Make dough as directed. Shape into 48 (1 inch) balls. Press 1 ball into the bottom of each cup, pressing up sides to fill cups. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Meanwhile, in a-3 quart saucepan, heat the caramels and cream over medium heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Reduce heat to low. Remove pans from oven; gently press end of wooden spoon into bottoms and against sides of cookie cups to flatten, being careful not to made holes. Bake 2 to 2 minutes longer. Immediately spoon ½ teaspoon (about 4) chocolate chips into each cookie cup. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the caramel mixture into each cup. Immediately top with chopped pecans. Cool 5 minutes, remove from pans with a narrow spatula.

I hope you enjoy this recipe, my husband and I both love caramel and pecans, so this is one of our favorites, I however don’t like dark chocolate, so I use milk chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chips. It makes the recipe a little sweeter. This is also a good crowd pleaser, because it makes 4 dozen cookies, you will be sure to have plenty to go around, but they will go fast. To get the cookies from the pan, I use a icing spreader, it works very well and doesn’t damage the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment