Monday, October 10, 2011

Not Your Everyday Peanut Butter Fudge

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Glazed Fudge

3 cups (1 ½ packages, 12 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
Dash salt
1 2/3 cup (10 ounce package) Peanut Butter chips
½ cup whipping cream
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract

Line an 8- or 9-inch square pan with wax paper. Melt the chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in 2/3 cup peanut butter chips and vanilla extract. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board. Melt 1 cup peanut butter chips with the ½ cup of whipping cream; stir until thick and smooth. Spread over fudge. Store in the refrigerator.

My husband loves peanut butter, as I have said before, and he also likes fudge, so this is a keeper for him.

Remember, when making any kind of candy, never, I repeat never, turn the heat up because you are sick of stirring, if you do that your fudge will be as hard as a rock. Candy takes patience and patience always pays off in the end, if you put in the work, yes your arm will be sore, but they fudge will taste great. It will melt in your mouth, and you won’t want to stop eating it. So what I do is, I take it to a get together, so I don’t end up eating it all.

I hope you enjoy this recipe for peanut butter fudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment