Peach Cake
¾ cup butter
1 package yellow cake mix
2 egg yolks
16 ounces sour cream
½ teaspoon cinnamon
29 ounces sliced peaches, drained
8 ounce carton whipped topping, thawed
In a bowl, cut butter into cake mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a greased 13x9 inch pan. In another bowl, beat the egg yolks; add sour cream and mix well. Set aside 6 to 8 peaches for garnish. Cut remaining peaches into 1 inch squares, stir into sour cream mixture. Spread over crust; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool. Spread with whipped topping and garnish with reserved peaches. Store in the refrigerator.
This is my husband’s all time favorite dessert. My mom made it for a family get together one day and he was hooked. He had me get the recipe from her, and every time I am in charge of the dessert for a get together, he says I should bring this. It doesn’t matter if it is winter or summer, he wants it.
When making this recipe, don’t press the crust down to hard, or it is almost impossible to cut through, it will taste good either way, but you will have a mess on your hands. I also garnish the top of the dessert with not only the peaches, but lightly sprinkle some more cinnamon on top, but we love cinnamon, so that is up to you.
I hope you enjoy this dessert as much as we have!
No comments:
Post a Comment