Roasted Herb Chicken
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon seasoning salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (4 pound) whole chicken
3 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the Italian seasoning, seasoning salt, garlic powder and pepper; set aside. Rinse the chicken thoroughly and remove giblets. Place chicken in a 13-in x 9-in baking dish. Sprinkle 1 ½ teaspoons of spice mixture inside the chicken. Rub the remaining mixture on the outside of the chicken. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken. Bake for 1 and ½ hours or until the juices run clear, basting several times the oil.
I hope you enjoy this easy, tasty and healthy roasted chicken. Roasting chicken is easy, and it gives the chicken a wonderful flavor. You don’t have to add many seasoning, because the chicken seasons itself wonderfully.
I like to serve this chicken with roasted potatoes, what I do is wash and dry about 4 large potatoes then I cut them into large cubes. I place them on a cookie sheet, lined with foil. Make sure your cookie sheet has an edge to it that goes all the way around. Then I drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle them with Mrs. Dash, my favorite is original, but you can use whatever you like best. Then I give them a quick toss with my hands and cook them for about 35-45 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
These recipes have long cooking times, but short preparation times, so if you have a lot to do, this is a great meal, because you put them in the oven and forget about it until it is time to eat.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment