Monday, November 21, 2011

Chicken Made Right

Chicken Cordon Bleu

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
8 thin slices Swiss cheese
4 slices Swiss cheese
1 egg
½ cup milk
1 cup cornflake crumbs
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper

Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness. Top each with 2 slices of ham and a slice of cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In another bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and seasonings. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks before serving.

This recipe is very easy to double, so if you want to feed more than four people this is a great recipe.

Chicken Cordon Bleu goes with many different sides, I always serve it with a vegetable and rice or noodles. If is a nice recipe, because you make it and then stick it in the oven and forget about it for a while. The preparation is time consuming, and a little hard, but it is all worth it in the end, and the next time you make it, you won’t care how much work it is.

A short cut I use is, instead of pounding the chicken, I butterfly the chicken, it is less messy, and works just as well. I hope you enjoy this Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe, I know my family always has.

No comments:

Post a Comment