Monday, December 12, 2011

What I Learned

I took ACC 255, which is Electronic Business Management, this semester at Illinois State University, so I am going to list 17 things that I have learned this semester.

1. The first thing I learned was how to start up a website, I used webs.com and was able to start a website in under ten minutes.
2. The next thing I learned to do was start up a blog, using blogspot.com I was able to design and start posting to my new blog in no time at all.
3. Another thing I learned how to do was set up a PayPal’s account, I have never had one before, so this was something new to me.
4. The next thing I learned was to set up a donation page on my website, because I had a PayPal’s account, this was very easy to do.
5. Another thing I learned how to do was to set up a contact widget and put it on my website, so people that view my website can contact me without using my personal email address. This way it still comes to my email, but I don’t have to worry about strangers having any of my personal information.
6. I learned how to set up an AdSense account and post adds on my website and blog
7. I learned what Café Press is and how to make and promote my own products on my website.
8. I learned how to put links from other websites on my website, using the link function.
9. I learned what a Pillar article is and how to write one.
10. I learned how to submit both my website and blog to search directories so others can see my hard work.
11. I learned what an ezine article database is, and submitted 3 of my own articles.
12. Another thing I learned was what Google Analytics are, and how to put them on my website.
13. I learned how to create and e-book and did.
14. I learned how to add page counters to pages on my website so I know how many people visited them.
15. I learned what a list post is and created one to post on my blog.
16. I learned what a landing page is, and created one for my website.
17. I learned how to promote a blog post from someone else’s blog, and posted on my blog.

These are 17 things that I learned while in my ACC 255 class this year at ISU.

No comments:

Post a Comment