Every year, my mom, grandma, aunts, and I get together for what we call Christmas Cookie Baking day, and that day is this weekend, so I thought I would share with you the cookie recipe I am making.
Red Velvet Thumbprints
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 ½ cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
¼ teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons red food coloring
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 bag (11 ounces) white vanilla baking chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until creamy. On low, beat in flour, cocoa, and salt until blended. Add food coloring and vanilla; beat well. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. On cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Press thumb into center of each cookie to make indentation, but do not press all the way to the cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; quickly remake indentations with end of a wooden spoon, if necessary. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 10 minutes. In a small microwavable bowl, microwave white baking chips uncovered on High for 20 to 50 seconds, stirring once, until softened and chips can be stirred smooth. Spoon melted chips into a resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag. Twist bag above melted chips. Squeeze bag to fill each thumbprint cookie, let stand until set.
No comments:
Post a Comment