Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pumkin Bread

As I mentioned earlier, I have won many awards at both the county and state fair level, so with Fall on its way I thought I would share with you the recipe that got me a best of class ribbon at the county level and a superior ribbon at the state level, and that is the pumpkin bread recipe I always use. I originally got it out of a Kraft Cookbook.

Pumpkin Bread

1 16 ounce can pumpkin
1 cup butter
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 cups granulated sugar
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt

Combine pumpkin, buter, eggs, and water in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix well. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pans. Bake 1 hour. Cool 5 minutes then remove from pans onto a cooling rack.

*If you don't have pumpkin pie spice you can use a teaspoon of each of the following:
cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice

This is another family favorite, it is always super moist. It is best shortly after it is out of the oven, so it is cool enough to cut and handle, but warm enough to melt butter. The butter gives it a wonderful flavor. If you can’t eat it right out of the oven, put some butter on it and stick it in the microwave until the butter melts. I hope you enjoy this recipe, my family sure has!

No comments:

Post a Comment