My husband always asks for two different recipes that I make, they are very easy, so I never complain. One is tater tot casserole, I have come across many tater tot casserole recipes, but we like the one I grew up on the most.
32 ounce package tater tots, frozen
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pound hamburger
1 can french style green beans
In a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish crumble half of the raw hamburger, to cover the bottom, then spread half of the cream of mushroom soup on top of the hamburger, then half of the green beans on top of that, and finally arrange the tater tots on top. Repeat layers. Cook, uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Enjoy.
The second recipe that my husband always asks for is Salisbury Steak. With this, I always serve a vegetable and homemade mashed potatoes.
1 pound hamburger
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 egg
1/4 water
Mix the hamburger, half of one can of soup and the egg in a small bowl, you need to use your hands. Form into 4 patties and place in a hot electric skillet, or large over the stove skillet. Brown both sides. Meanwhile mix the remaining soup and water in the same bowl and pour over the patties. Cook until the meat is done, about 25 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes and a vegetable.
I hope you enjoy my husbands favorite recipes! And maybe someday you will have these recipes memorized like I do
No comments:
Post a Comment